PISCATAQUIS COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
Position Title: Community Development Specialist/Administrative Assistant
Competitive salary plus benefits, details available upon request.
An energetic and organized team player is sought to join our team as a full-time Community Development Specialist/Administrative Assistant. Successful candidates will value collaboration, open communication, understand the importance of time management, be a self-starter, flexible, and proficient at social media. This position works directly with our customers, and we look to meet, if not exceed customer requests. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
To apply sound community and economic development principles to the challenges and opportunities of diverse stakeholder groups in order to mobilize human and financial resources across a diversity of project funders and supporters in both the public and private sectors, to create meaningful change and improvement to issues of community and regional significance. Provides administrative assistance and office support. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the PCEDC.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops applications for federal, state, corporate, foundation and private grants to support community and business development projects in Piscataquis County.
2. Administers grants that are received on behalf of PCEDC.
3. Assists PCEDC solicit and encourage new businesses to locate locally,
4. Assists PCEDC solicit and encourage the expansion of existing local businesses,
5. Initiate and respond to community needs for community economic development information,
6. Provide technical assistance to communities and non-profit organizations,
7. Provide assistance and support to the PCEDC for such tasks as data collection and analysis, meeting support, and other logistical and organizational requirements,
8. Monitor program budgets and contracts, as assigned,
9. Work with community groups in identifying problems and opportunities, seeking solutions through analysis and community organizing, and project development and funding,
10. Provides administrative support for PCEDC and the Executive director, including managing the online presence of PCEDC through administration of social media accounts and webpage content,
11. Field phone calls and help assist businesses, non-profits and community organizations with determining available resources, making recommendations, and referring to partner organizations.
1. Desire and commitment to be a team player, working with a diverse group of people both internally and externally, and serve as both team leader and team player to get the job done.
2. Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
3. Strong oral and written skills. Ability to speak before groups, lead meetings, develop good letters, and also write substantial reports and grant proposals of 10 pages and more.
4. Commitment towards working with and helping communities.
5. Understanding and appreciation for municipal government, and ability to work with County, State, Federal, and other nonprofits in coalition building and partnerships.
6. CDBG knowledge and certification, or willingness to attend certification courses, work with staff, and gain this knowledge.
7. Travel throughout Piscataquis County and attendance at occasional night meetings, as needed.
8. Competence with Microsoft Office applications, Google suite, email procedures, social media platforms such as Facebook, general webpage administration, and other office tools.
9. Providing timely reports to funding agencies, as requested and required.
10. Providing periodic reports to the various counties, towns and plantations of Piscataquis and sometimes Somerset County.
Criteria for Evaluation:
* Team player and contributions to overall work plan and strategy of agency.
* Successful projects, repeat clients.
* Effective groups that stay organized, feel success, and can point towards accomplishments.
* Good written materials: well organized and presented, creative, and compelling.
* Projects completed on time, within budget, and with high degree of professionalism and competency.
* Sustained flow of successful federal and state projects, providing contracts and additional revenue.
Interested parties should submit a letter of interest, resume and three references to email@example.com
Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
PCEDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.