Piscataquis County Economic Development Council is seeking a Grant Specialist
Position Title: Grant Specialist
About the PCEDC:
The Piscataquis County Economic Development Council (PCEDC) is a collaborative grass roots effort created in 1997 by county residents interested in promoting economic development in Piscataquis County. The PCEDC seeks to leverage local, county, state, and federal resources to promote and encourage private and public investment within Piscataquis County, Maine. The goal is to stimulate long-term sustainable economic development and growth in the region.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Grant Specialist will research, draft, administer, manage and report on grants supporting the work of the PCEDC, Piscataquis County and municipalities, and other partnering organizations and initiatives. This position will increase grant funding from local, regional, state, and national government sources, private foundations, and corporate foundations in support of the projects designated by the Executive Director.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop applications for federal, state, corporate, foundation and private grants to support community and business development projects in Piscataquis County.
2. Administer grants that are received on behalf of PCEDC or for which the PCEDC serves as a fiscal sponsor.
3. Provide technical assistance to the County, communities and other partnering agencies related to grant opportunities, submissions and grant management.
4. Monitor grant program budgets and contracts, as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field or equivalent experience. Certificates in fundraising may be considered with appropriate experience.
2. Minimum 3 years of work experience in grant writing and management, demonstrating success at winning awards.
3. Demonstrated familiarity with federal, state and foundational grant programs.
4. Proven track record of ability to work independently, with great attention to detail and flexibility, in a fast-paced atmosphere under established time constraints.
5. Excellent organizational, writing, and communications skills.
6. Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems and basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
24 hours/week during standard working hours (Monday-Friday | 9:00am to 5:00pm)
The hourly compensation for this position is $25-$28 per hour, based on experience.
This is a part-time position and provides no benefits.
PCEDC office in Dover-Foxcroft, Maine. Some remote work possible with approval of the Executive Director.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications for this position to John Shea at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call 401-323- 0068. The deadline for applications is September 20, 2021.