PCEDC’s role with grant programs is threefold:
- We help businesses connect with resources to help them thrive.
- We identify funding opportunities.
- And we help businesses and organizations apply for grants and introduce them to funding sources.
These funds have been used as startup capital for new businesses, funding for expansions to existing businesses, as well as funds to scale their business as they grow. PCEDC helps businesses and nonprofits prepare to tackle the entire grant funding process from start to finish.
Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
Each year the State of Maine receives an allocation from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and makes the funds available to communities through a number of grant programs including Housing Assistance, Public Infrastructure, Public Facilities, Public Service, Downtown Revitalization, and Economic Development programs.
The CDBG Program helps local governments implement programs that:
- Benefit low- and moderate-income persons;
- Are part of a long-range community strategy;
- Improve deteriorated residential and business districts and local economic conditions;
- Provide the conditions and incentives for further public and private investment; and
- Foster partnerships between groups of municipalities, state and federal entities, organizations and the private sector to address common community and economic development problems.
PCEDC staff provides technical assistance to Western Maine communities seeking financing through the Maine Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. Assistance provided includes identification of eligible projects and activities, ensuring projects meet national objectives, review and assistance with application drafts.
For more information on the CDBG Program, please visit the Maine Office of Community Development. The annual program statement outlines the allocation of funds and the various program offerings for that year.
CDBG Grant Administration
PCEDC has a certified CDBG grant administrator who can provide grant administration services to member communities for implementation of their CDBG funded projects depending on staff availability.
PCEDC helps our businesses and organizations with grant searches and preparing applications. We also make connections with a network of private funders when appropriate. Contact us with your project needs and we will help identify opportunities for grants and funding solutions.